The Guildhall Museum
Sandwich War Memorial
The museum tells the story of Sandwich from early medieval times. There are many well designed illustrative panels relating to the town's history with artifacts dating back to the 13th century.
We Remember Them....
The Sandwich Museum WW1 Remembrance Exhibition
A Book of Remembrance in which the names of Sandwich Servicemen who were killed and died of their wounds will be compiled in the Museum. This will be updated on the anniversary of their death.
A wall of Remembrance as a collage will be made with photographs or citation of the men.
A Book of Memories will be available for relatives of Servicemen, who were killed or later died form their wounds, to write their thoughts and memories as a living tribute to those men.
A Year on Year Time Line showing the events of the War, and those who died in each Month.
- A Book will be on display giving the story behind the Headlines that will be seen in Sandwich over the years of the conflict.
- Access is suitable for wheelchairs
- Parking available
- toilets and refreshments nearby
- Open 1st April to 30th November
- Closed Mondays
- Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat: 10.30 - 12.30, 2 pm - 4 pm
- Thurs & Sun: 2.00 - 4.00 pm
- Adults: £1, Pensioner/Child: 50p, Family: £2
- Open for groups by special arrangement